- Sector: Strategic Planning
- Project: Precinct Planning
- Client: NSW Department of Planning
- DFP Services: Project Management, Strategic Planning, Consultation, Retail Economic Planning, Land Value Analysis
DFP was the lead consultant on a study team engaged by the then NSW Department of Planning to prepare a comprehensive implementation plan for the Westmead Precinct. The implementation plan established a framework to direct and facilitate development in Westmead Precinct over the next twenty years and was prepared under the guidance of the Westmead Precinct Steering Committee.
The Westmead Precinct is bound by the Cumberland Highway, Briens Road, Darcy Street, Bridge Road, Great Western Highway, Hawkesbury Road and Parramatta Regional Park and falls within the Local Government Areas of Holroyd and Parramatta. The area is the major health services hub in Western Sydney. Health and research services represented in the Precinct include:
- The Westmead Children’s Hospital;
- Westmead Hospital;
- Westmead Private Hospital;
- The Children’s Medical Research Institute;
- The Millennium Institute; and
- Sydney West Area Health Service.
The overall aim of the implementation plan was to elevate the focus of the Westmead Precinct by enhancing health, education and research activities. The Plan also established a framework for the development of the precinct as a Specialist Activity Centre.
Hirst Consulting Services (HCS) also worked on this project prior to the merger between DFP and HCS. HCS provided specialist input in relation to economic, retail and social planning and land value analysis.