Complementing our strategic and development planning, urban design, retail and economic planning services, DFP also offers services in social and community planning. DFP has a strong appreciation for balancing planning, urban design and the aspirations of the community in order to achieve social cohesion and a sense of place.
The success of many projects is influenced by the quality, rigor and transparency of the community consultation and the extent to which the community is involved in the planning and development process. A well informed and involved community will ultimately be a more engaged community.
We have staff experienced in research, demographic analysis, and community consultation. DFP also has staff qualified in Crime Risk Assessment and the preparation of Crime Prevention Through Environmental Design (CPTED) Assessment Reports.
Our social planning services include:
- Community consultation and engagement;
- Demographic analysis;
- CPTED Assessment Reports;
- Preparation of Section 94 Contributions Plans.
Recent examples of projects include:
- Community consultation for proposed new planning controls for future redevelopment of land in Longueville Road, Lane Cove;
- CPTED Assessment for Pennant Hills Day Surgery Centre;
- Community consultation for proposed redevelopment of Eastlakes Town Centre.