In 2016 Hugh completed a Bachelor of Planning at Macquarie University. Hugh joined DFP as a full-time Project Planner in December 2016 and is a Member of the Planning Institute of Australia.
Hugh works closely with the senior staff at DFP and has a good understanding of planning controls, urban design principles and has excellent skills in critical analytics.
Hugh has worked on a range of planning projects including the preparation of Statements of Environmental Effects for various Development Applications, Section 96 Modification Applications, and Planning Reports.
Hugh has a sound understanding of the development application process, strategic planning, urban design principles and land use planning and skills in demographic analysis and research methodologies.
Hugh’s project experience includes:
- Planning research and reviews of planning controls
- Preparation of a Statement of Environmental Effects for new school buildings;
- Preparation of a Section 96 Application for an approved school masterplan;
- Preparation of correspondence on behalf of clients
- Preparation of a Statement of Environmental Effects for a child care centre;
- Preparation of a Statement of Environmental Effects for a residential apartment development;
- Preparation of exempt and complying development advice;
- Project administration and client liaison